Russell F. Wenk
Russell Wenk began practicing law in 2005. Russell has been recognized by several legal associations for his excellence over the course of his career and has served as a Judge Pro Tem for the Maricopa County Superior Courts.
Russell graduated from Peoria High School in 1991 and enlisted in the Navy. He received an honorable discharge in 1996 and began his studies at Arizona State University. After graduating Magna Cum Laude, he was accepted into the John Marshall School of Law at the University of Akron. He graduated Cum Laude in 2005 and began his legal career with a large law firm in downtown Phoenix. Russell's deep knowledge of the law and many years of courtroom experience make him a powerful ally to his clients and a well-respected member of the legal community.
He is a well-known and well-respected member of the family law legal community and has previously served as a Judge Pro Tem for the Maricopa County Superior Courts. He also served on the Executive Committee for the Family Law section of the Arizona State Bar; is a member of the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, Arizona Association of Family Law Attorneys, Arizona Association for Justice, Maricopa County Bar Association and Arizona State Bar.
He is one of only 75 Certified Family Law Specialists in the State of Arizona, a distinction attained by demonstrating substantial experience, effectiveness and knowledge significantly higher than that possessed by a general practitioner that handles family law matters. Russell F. Wenk is also an “AV Preeminent” Peer Review Rated Attorney by Martindale-Hubbell for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability and 2019 selectee for “Superlawyers”.
When not in the office, Russell enjoys camping with his family and working on his vintage Jeep. Originally from Cleveland, he is a Browns, Indians and Cavs fan. He also remains active in various veterans' support groups and organizations.
- University of Akron School of Law, Akron, Ohio
- J.D. - 2005
- Honors: cum laude
- Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona
- B.S. - 2001
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List (1999 - 2001)
- Major: Criminal Justice
- American Association for Justice, 2007 to Present
- Arizona Trial Lawyers Association, 2007 to Present
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Arizona Association of Family Law Attorneys
- Divorce and Legal Separation
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Alimony/Spousal Maintenance
- Family Lawyers Assistance Program
Certified Legal Specialties
- Arizona Certified Family Law Specialist
- "AV Preeminent" Peer Review Rated Attorney by Martindale-Hubbell
- Certified Specialist in Family Law by the State Bar of AZ – 2017 – present
- Super Lawyers
- Bar Registrar of Preeminent Lawyers – LexisNexis 2013 – present
- Lead Counsel – Thomson Reuters 2016
- Client Distinction Award – Martindale-Hubbell 2013, 2016
- Client Champion – Martindale-Hubbell 2018
- Rising Star – SuperLawyers 2015
- Avvo rating – 10/10
- Arizona, 2005
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona, 2005
Current Employment Position