Lincoln & Wenk, PLLC
View Blog Navigation

What do I do if I get Served with Divorce papers?

Once you are served with Dissolution of Marriage papers, you have 20 days to file some type of Response to the Petition.  If you fail to file a Response you risk a default being taken against you.

Keep in mind that the Petition for Dissolution is nothing more than the start of your divorce case and that it only contains "allegations".  In other words, just because the other party states something in the Petition doesn't make it true.

Your Response to the Petition is your opportunity to admit or deny the allegations.  You do not need to go in to great detail as to why you admit or deny the allegations or make your own allegations.  Again, this is merely the start of your divorce case and your response is simply your appearance in the matter and allows you to have a say in the terms of your divorce.

If you have been served with divorce papers, you should contact an attorney as soon as possible to discuss the allegations and prepare a Response.  Contact the experienced attorneys at Trullinger & Wenk at 623-536-5500 to schedule an appointment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Need legal help from an attorney?
Contact us now to schedule a consultation with our lawyers

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Goodyear Office:
1616 North Litchfield Road
Suite 140
Goodyear, AZ 85395

Phone: 623-748-4890
Fax: 623-536-1984
Goodyear Law Office Map

Peoria Office:
16165 N. 83rd Avenue
Suite 200
Peoria, AZ 85381

Phone: 623-748-4890
Fax: 623-536-1984
Map & Directions

Phoenix - Desert Ridge Office:
20860 N. Tatum Blvd
Suite 300
Phoenix, AZ 85050

Phone: 623-748-4890
Fax: 623-536-1984
Map & Directions