What do I do if I get Served with Divorce papers?

Once you are served with Dissolution of Marriage papers, you have 20 days to file some type of Response to the Petition.  If you fail to file a Response you risk a default being taken against you.

Keep in mind that the Petition for Dissolution is nothing more than the start of your divorce case and that it only contains “allegations”.  In other words, just because the other party states something in the Petition doesn’t make it true.

Your Response to the Petition is your opportunity to admit or deny the allegations.  You do not need to go in to great detail as to why you admit or deny the allegations or make your own allegations.  Again, this is merely the start of your divorce case and your response is simply your appearance in the matter and allows you to have a say in the terms of your divorce.

If you have been served with divorce papers, you should contact an attorney as soon as possible to discuss the allegations and prepare a Response.  Contact the experienced attorneys at Trullinger & Wenk at 623-201-8773 to schedule an appointment.

Call us at 623-294-2464 or contact us to schedule your consultation today.

1616 North Litchfield Road, Suite 140, Goodvear, AZ 85395
Goodyear Office Location
20830 N Tatum Blvd, Suite 210 Phoenix, AZ 85050
Phoenix Office Location
14050 N 83rd Avenue Suite 290, Peoria, AZ 85381
Peoria Office Location