Experienced Family Law Attorneys Helping You Build A Better Future
When a legal concern involves your family, it can be very difficult to gain clear perspective and visualize solutions that will work for everyone. Finding an attorney you can speak with openly and depend upon for balanced legal guidance is essential.
Whether you anticipate being able to reach a settlement through calm negotiations or expect a contentious dispute over children and finances, you can turn to the experienced family law attorneys at Lincoln & Wenk, PLLC.
Our legal team knows Arizona family law and how to make it work for our clients. At Lincoln & Wenk, PLLC, we build our client base by taking good care of the clients we already have.
A Productive, Reasonable Approach Backed By Experience In Litigation
Beginning with a detailed initial consultation, we will get to know you and understand all of your most important concerns. When it comes to our family law cases, we collaborate with our clients to come up with personalized solutions that keep them in control of key decisions and keep legal costs manageable. We are also experienced trial attorneys capable of aggressively protecting yours and your family’s best interests in court when the time calls for it.
Let Us Help You Through Your Divorce Or Other Family Law Matters
We have a wide-ranging family law practice with established strengths in:
- Divorce: Whether your divorce is contested or uncontested, we offer divorce counsel and representation that is tailored to each client’s unique needs and concerns – including document preparation — as well as concerns unique to military divorce, such as division of military retirement and benefits.
- Child custody and visitation: We know how important child-related issues are for parents. We provide compassionate, effective advocacy for parents seeking positive, fair outcomes in custody and visitation matters.
- Child support and alimony/spousal maintenance: By understanding the factors used by the court to determine child support and spousal maintenance, we are able to effectively advocate for and maximize support orders to meet our clients’ needs. We are able to effectively advocate for child support and spousal maintenance (support or alimony) orders that serve our clients’ needs.
- Property division: Our rigorous analysis, and adept negotiation and litigation skills can ensure that our clients obtain favorable outcomes during the property division process. We also have the experience and skill required to generate positive outcomes in high net worth divorce cases by consulting with specialized accounting resources, business valuation experts and other professionals.
- Post-divorce issues: We offer help with all post-divorce family law issues, including modifications of support and custody, child relocation (move-away) cases, stepparent adoptions, paternity matters and a vast spectrum of other Arizona family law challenges.
- Surrogacy and assisted reproduction: We represent intended parents, surrogate mothers and donors in negotiating agreements for gestational surrogacy or egg or sperm donation.
- Guardianships: When a child or incapacitated adult needs the benefit of a guardian, we can help you work through the process establishing a guardianship and securing the legal rights that come with it.
- Document preparation: Whether it be due to financial constraints or other circumstances, we are happy to provide document preparation services on a flat-fee basis for clients dealing with divorce, child custody, child support or a variety of other issues.
- Domestic violence: If there has been significant domestic violence between you and your spouse and/or minor children, this can have a significant effect on the outcome of your case. We counsel our clients not only on the various options available to protect themselves from domestic violence, but also the potential consequences that can result from it in a divorce or child custody case.
This is not an exhaustive list. When you have questions, we have answers.
Frequently Asked Questions About Family Law In Arizona
As you face a divorce, child custody battle or other family law issues, you likely have many questions. Here are answers to questions we are commonly asked:
Should I consider mediation?
Mediation is a great alternative to litigation for couples that are on amicable terms and agree on many issues going into a divorce. When you meet with us, we will identify whether mediation is a possible option for you.
There are many advantages to mediation, including that it is often quicker, less expensive and more private than traditional litigation. For parents, mediation has the additional benefit of preserving a healthy co-parenting relationship by allowing you to reach mutual decisions.
Will I be able to get custody of my kids?
Child custody is dependent on several factors, including the wishes of both parents and the child, the roles of each parent in the child’s upbringing and more. We understand how important it is for you to preserve your relationship with your child. With extensive experience in both mediation and litigation, we will adamantly represent your interests and fight for the most optimal outcome for you.
What is the difference between a legal separation and a divorce?
The two are substantially similar in terms of their practical, legal and financial consequences. Both involve division of assets and the establishment of child custody, child support and spousal maintenance, when needed. Essentially, legal separation prompts all the same decisions one would make in a divorce, but it leaves the marriage legally intact. Therefore, the biggest difference may be that, unlike divorce, legal separation does not allow either spouse to remarry.
Why obtain a legal separation, then? It can be a good option for couples who cannot get divorced due to their religious or cultural beliefs, or for people who may need to keep a spouse on their insurance policy (assuming that the insurer allows this after a separation). The inability to remarry also ensures that shared children will not have step-parents.
Why should I hire a family law attorney?
It’s no secret that traditional litigated divorce can be expensive and time-consuming, and many divorcing spouses feel they can go through the process on their own, without hiring an attorney. If you and your spouse are parting amicably and are in agreement on all (or nearly all) terms of the divorce, you may be able to handle the bulk of the work yourselves.
That being said, family law is often complex, divorce is often complex, even when it seems straightforward. While going this route can definitely save you money, mistakes can be costly to resolve. Therefore, a good compromise is to hire an attorney to assist with document preparation and to answer any questions you may have during the process. Our firm offers document prep services, and we can be hired at any time for additional work if you find your case becomes more complex.
What should I do after I leave my child’s other parent?
If you’ve decided to divorce or otherwise end your relationship, it’s important to learn about your legal options and obligations related to child custody and child support. The best way to do this is to speak to an experienced attorney like those at our firm.
Once the initial matters have been attended to, it will be important to create or update your estate plan – particularly if you plan to remarry. This will give your children another level of legal and financial protection.
Discuss Your Family Matter With A Lawyer
We will help you evaluate tough decisions and form realistic expectations. Our goals always center on helping our family law clients find the best paths to resolution and move forward with hope and stability. To schedule a consultation with the attorney best qualified to address your unique concerns, call 623-748-4890 or reach out to us online.